Ready to Help Others?
No matter how experienced you are, you can help others in the In-Portal Community! Chances are when you first joined, there were other Community members that have helped you. Now you can return that favor! The entire In-Portal Community is built around the idea of members helping each other.
Register as a Contributor
If you haven’t done so, please register as a contributor and set your member status to a Contributor.
Post on Forum
In-Portal forum is the central place for members of the Community to interact with each other, post and answer questions, exchange ideas, and much more. By registering as a contributor you automatically get access to post on the forum and participate in discussions.
- Please keep in mind our Rules of Conduct at all times
- Be Patient – keep in mind that everyone’s experience and background is different and some people may need more help than others. Sometimes people may need extra help or explaining – if you easily get impatient, you may want to consider contributing in other areas instead.
- Be Respectful & Considerate – keep in mind that many Community members are from different cultures and backgrounds. Many use English as a second language, please respect the fact that it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and sometimes things may even come out as rude (which they most likely aren’t).
- Be a Good Teacher – the best way to help others is by answering questions thoroughly, providing specific concrete instructions and also by referring to sources (User Manual, other forum topics, etc.). Try to be a good teacher – explain and show how you’ve learnt the things you are helping others with. This will help people learn and acquire new experience.
- Consider Contributing to Documentation – if you find yourself answering same or similar questions that are not addressed in the User Documentation or Developer’s Guide, please consider contributing to them.
- Disagree Respectfully – if you disagree, do it respectfully and politely. Use good judgment and please watch your manners.
- Avoid Conflicts – please avoid conflicts, confrontations, and heated discussions and try to calm others if emotions take place. Some people may feel frustrated or anxious – try helping them calmly and remain positive while avoiding expressing your emotions.